Are you Pregnant or have children under the age of four? You could qualify for Healthy Start if you're on benefits, or if you're pregnant and under 18.
What is Healthy Start?
Healthy Start is a scheme that provides weekly vouchers which can be spent in local shops, and coupons for vitamins.
Healthy Start vouchers can be spent on:
- Plain cow’s milk
- Fresh, frozen and tinned fruit and vegetables (without added fat, salt, sugar or flavourings)
- Fresh, dried and tinned pulses (without added fat, salt, sugar of flavourings)
- Infant formula milk (which can be used from birth and is based on cow’s milk)
Pregnant women, women with a baby under one year old and children aged up to their fourth birthday will receive Healthy Start vitamin coupons every 8 weeks. The vitamins contain:
- For women: folic acid and vitamins C and D
- For children: vitamins A, C and D
Do I qualify?
To find out if you qualify for Healthy Start vouchers, plus how and where to use them, visit the Healthy Start website.
If you qualify for the scheme you'll be sent vouchers which you can use in over 30,000 shops in the UK.
How to apply
- Visit the Healthy Start website for an application form.
- Ask your midwife or health visitor to download the form from the website and give it/send it to you.
- If you do not have easy access to the form or a professional to help you, you can contact the West Sussex Community Hub who will be able to send you one. Call: 033 022 27980.
- Call the Healthy Start helpline and ask them to send you a form: 0345 607 6823.