Welcome to our professionals' section
Resources to support your work
Here you will find information about referring your clients/patients to our services as well as resources to support your work.
Coronavirus - resources for older people
Wellbeing service guides
Each Wellbeing hub explains the services they offer on their local 'About us' page:
For a pdf guide to the services offered by each Wellbeing Hub, see the links below (these files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology):
Adur & Worthing Wellbeing service guide (PDF 1.89MB - new window)
Arun Wellbeing service guide (PDF 3.44MB - new window)
Chichester Wellbeing service guide (PDF, 1.60MB - new window)
Crawley Wellbeing service guide (PDF, 118KB - new window)
Horsham Wellbeing service guide (PDF, 2.08 MB - new window)
Mid Sussex Wellbeing service guide (PDF, 906KB - new window)
Each Wellbeing hub has it's own referral form, reached by a secure link. The links below will take you to the Referral page for each Hub:
See our Alcohol services page.
Weight management services
West Sussex has weight management services across the 4 tiers.
- Tier 1 is the universal services that are available on a self support basis. There are no criteria to access these services.
- Tier 2 is a community based group programme, provided by West Sussex Wellbeing.
- Tier 3 is a service for those with severe and complex obesity, including those who are considering bariatric surgery. These services are commissioned by the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). There is one Tier 3 service provider for Coastal West Sussex locality of West Sussex CCG and another for Crawley, Horsham and Mid Sussex locality.
- Tier 4 is bariatric surgery and this has to be accessed via Tier 3.
See the healthy weight pathways below which show the criteria for accessing Tier 2 and Tier 3 services (depending on how presented). These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology):
For a list of GP surgeries, pharmacies and Wellbeing teams providing stop smoking services in West Sussex, visit our Smoking services page.
- Quit for Covid campaign - see the Smokefree Action website for answers to questions people may have about quitting smoking during the COVID-19 pandemic.
NHS Health Checks
For a list of GP surgeries, pharmacies, Wellbeing teams and community clinics providing NHS Health Checks, visit our NHS Health checks page.
Making every contact count (MECC)
Visit our Making Every Contact Count page to find out about how you can make the most every opportunity to help your clients/patients improve their health and wellbeing.
West Sussex Sugar Smart Dental Toolkit
The West Sussex Sugar Smart Dental Toolkit has been developed for use in dental practices across West Sussex. The toolkit includes a range of resources for the dental team, promotional material for patients, and useful resources for social media. If you would like a copy of the toolkit or any of the display items listed below, please email the Public Health Resource Service.
- Dental Gang Games
- My one week food diary for home
- Toothbrushing diary
- How much sugar is in your food and drink
- Items plus sugar content
- Sugar cubes
(With thanks to Gateway Dental Surgery, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, for giving their permission to include the Dental Gang Games in the toolkit)
Health promotion resource service
The Health Promotion Resource Centre is open on a limited basis. Receiving resource materials may take longer than usual. Email Nicky Gale for more information.
Should you wish to print government approved Coronavirus (Covid 19) communication literature such as hand washing advice, please sign up on the Public Health England Campaign Resource Centre website and print these out directly or circulate by email. This is the best way to obtain up-to-date resources that are approved and issued nationally.