WISE (Weight Information and Sensible Eating)
Twelve week weight management courses
Do you want to manage your weight and eat more healthily, but are not sure where to start?
Our 12 week weight management course (WISE) is designed for those that have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of between 25 and 40.
You can calculate your BMI using the NHS BMI Calculator
During Covid-19, our programme is being delivered via Microsoft Teams and telephone, in either groups or via one to one support-
- Sessions include:
- Different healthy eating topics
- Food diaries and self-reported weigh-ins
- Tools to enable healthier choices
- Free Beginners Fitness sessions in addition to WISE (optional)
Dates for next courses:
Group sessions via Microsoft Teams only:
All October to December courses have now started. Next sessions are:
- 11 January to 29 March 2021, 6pm-7pm (12 weeks) - every Monday
- 12 January to 30 March 2021, 6pm-7pm (12 weeks) - every Tuesday
- 13 January to 31 March 2021, 11am-12pm (12 weeks) - every Wednesday
One to one sessions via telephone only, for those who are unable to access Microsoft Teams (video call)
- Week commencing 11 January to 29 March 2021 - dates and times to be arranged with individuals
Beginners Fitness sessions (low impact exercise classes to help with increased activity and weight loss - designed for those who are new to or who have never exercised before) these classes are optional if you wish to to do them alongside WISE.
COVID 19 - update:
Unfortunatley due to Covid-19 our current beginners fitness classes have had to be cancelled, this will cause delay on having start dates for the new set of classes that run along side our January 2021 WISE sessions. When dates are available all particpants booked on wil be notified.
Referrals to this service:
Spaces for WISE are limited, if you would like to refer yourself or a client/patient, please complete our secure on-line referral form found on our Contact us page