Family wellbeing service
Are you worried about your child’s weight or would you like to change your family’s lifestyle to make them healthier?
If so then the ‘Family Wellbeing’ project may be able to help.
The Family Wellbeing programme is tailor-made especially for you and your family.
You will receive between 12-24 FREE one-to-one sessions (depending on need) with a Wellbeing Specialist who will provide personal support, nutritional advice, physical activity and cooking sessions.
During the sessions you will:
- Cover the basics of nutrition in a fun and interactive way.
- Learn quick, simple and cheap meals, snacks and lunch box ideas.
- Understand food labels and how to avoid sugary foods.
- Learn lots of different games and activities you can do in the house, or out and about, in order to increase physical activity levels in a fun and entertaining way.
- Enjoy cooking sessions.
- Build confidence and self esteem.
Sessions are available for families with a child/children aged between 5 - 16 years old and above their ideal weight for their height and age.
Important Notice (Covid-19)
Please note that due to Covid-19 all Family Wellbeing home visiting appointments are currently suspended until further notice. Instead Family Wellbeing support sessions are currently being delivered via video calls.
Referrals to this service:
To find out more, or to get started, please call Caroline from START on 077122 90606 or email.
If you would like to refer yourself or a client/patient, please complete our secure on-line referral form on our Contact us page.