From: Thursday 3 September 2020
Phone: 01903 737862
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory infection, it affects the lungs and airways. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do to protect yourself and others, and reduce the impact on NHS services.
Reasons to quit:
- The damage that smoking causes to your lungs and immune system makes it more likely that you will have complications if you get sick and it will take longer to recover.
- Smoking of any kind, not just cigarettes, but shisha, cannabis or any other substances will also increase your risks.
- Secondhand smoke in the home and in other enclosed spaces also poses a risk. Children and those with existing health conditions are particularly vulnerable and, if you are a smoker, you should take every effort to protect them from exposure.
- Smokers are also much more likely to get other health problems at a time when the NHS is under strain from COVID-19.
Arun Wellbeing Stop Smoking Service:
If you’re trying to quit, you don’t have to go it alone, help is available. Our stop smoking service is still open to support you on your quitting journey throughout Covid-19. We can offer tailored advice and support via telephone or email.
There will be no face-to-face appointments or Carbon Monoxide readings until further notice.
Our stop smoking service is available to residents in the Arun District. This free service offers:
- One-to-one appointments with a trained wellbeing adviser.
- Motivational Interviewing techniques to empower you to quit smoking.
- Provide Carbon Monoxide readings using breathalysers (Currently NOT available due to Covid-19).
- Information on Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) such as gum, nasal sprays, patches etc) and providing these where appropriate.
- Our service is non-judgemental and all appointments will take place in a private and confidential space (Currently NOT available due to Covid-19 - instead all appointments will be via email and telephone).
Referrals to this service:
Call us on 01903 737862 orIf you would like to refer yourself or a client/patient, please complete our secure on-line referral form found on our 'Contact us' web page.
We aim to provide up-to-date and accurate information, but we will not accept liability for the accuracy or currency of the information provided by third parties. Listings of events on our website should not necessarily be taken as an endorsement of that event. See our disclaimer statement for further information.